Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Organic Style

Have you ever subscribed to a magazine that you loved so much that you got all giddy and excited when you found it in your mailbox each month? This has happened to me a couple of times...First when I subscribed to George magazine. After JFK, Jr. died, it tried to make it on its own then was discontinued shortly after. I still have every copy of that magazine.

Mary bought me a subscription to The New Yorker once, and I loved it so much but felt so guilty when I wasn't able to read it completely before the next issue arrived. Because I couldn't keep up, I had to cancel the subscription when it came time to renew.


For the past couple of years or so, I have subscribed to Organic Style magazine, and I have loved every single page of every single issue. Some issues I read over and over again. This magazine has everything I've ever wanted, it is my magazine. Great recipes and health tips, every tip in the world for how to live a 'greener' life, stories about amazing men and women who are doing amazing things in this world to make it a better place...it's just chock full of goodness. I love it.

Today, I got a note in the mail from them that said the October issue (that I've already received) would be the last issue. They also returned my check for my next year's subscription. I'm sitting here wondering how I can be so attached to a magazine? I'm very upset about not receiving another issue, ever again.

There are thousands of magazines out there...surely I can find one that compares. I just don't think I will. I've never round anything like it before. Before it goes away completely, go online to the Organic Style Web site and see all the great articles out there.