Monday, October 24, 2005

GolfGirl, back in business.

Todd and I had the best Saturday. We were able to sleep in a little bit that morning, after a few glasses of wine the night before, it was much needed. We got up and ate breakfast, laid around a bit, and then headed out to play a round of golf. I'm playing in a tournament next Saturday to raise money for our mission trip to New Orleans next June, so I needed to dust off the clubs.

We've never played golf together before...And I have to admit I was a little nervous. First, we're very competitive. In a good way. And Todd is so athletic that he could pick up any sport in a matter of minutes and play it flawlessly. I was worried that even though I played on a team in high school, and played somewhat regularly from year to year since then...Well I was worried that he'd ask me at the end of the day, "You've been playing this sport for how many years?" Second, I haven't played in at least a year. Maybe two. Golf isn't a game you can just sit a year out and come back the same as the last time you played...It's not like riding a bike. Third, even when I do play regularly, my game is inconsistent. I can have two really good holes, then have to just pick the ball up and throw it at something on the next. Some days, there's a lot of kicking and screaming and saying really bad words in front of strangers who just stare at you...Anyway, I didn't know if I was prepared for Todd to see this just yet. Given that I'm still the blushing, sweet, innocent bride, you know.

But it turned out to be a perfect day. The weather was perfect. Neither of us was doing too bad, we played pretty much the same, actually. They let us walk on and play together alone, rather than pairing us with two others. The people in front of us weren't too slow, and the people behind us weren't creeping up on us the entire time. We both really like being outdoors (as long as it's not cold, for me), and we were able to do just that - spend the entire day together outdoors, and most importantly, we found something else we can do together.

After golf we went out for dinner and came home and spent some more time on the couch with Jack and Lily, staring at the TV. Good times.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It's cold now, time for sedation. Time for the grieving process to begin.