Thursday, October 06, 2005

Rain

The dude who cut my hair this week, my priest, my husband, my co-workers...All very excited about the cold front that was supposed to be here today. It is chilly, but certainly not COLD. It is raining, though, and we haven't had any rain in a while, so that is good. For some reason, a change in temperature energizes me.

I might have written about windshield wipers before, I'm not sure. I'm obsessed with windshield wipers -- how well they work or don't work, the speed a driver chooses to use when I'm riding in the car with him, whether or not they make noises as they're wiping. I've noticed, while in the car with them or watching them in traffic, that men don't over-use the windshield wiper function. Todd doesn't use them enough. I feel comfortable enough with him in a car that I will operate them myself from the passenger seat. But sometimes (like this morning), I'm behind a driver who is clearly sitting in their car and not able to see through the rain. I worry about these people. Maybe they're conserving energy? I don't know. I know that I might need some new blades soon, though.

Back to the dude who cut my hair this week. BIG MISTAKE. My hairdresser moved to Austin, and since he moved I haven't gotten my hair cut - it's been months. I got desperate this week and found a new guy at the same salon where my hairdresser worked. At one point in the experience, I was telling him where to cut and suggesting methods that others have used before...at another point, the other stylist in the room asked if he could offer some suggestions or help out. I mean, disaster. I don't hate my hair, but I certainly didn't get what I wanted. And I felt so trapped sitting there. His attitude was like, "I've been working on it for over an hour now, your time is up." And I was left sitting there, unsatisfied. Even the other dude said, "If you have another client after her, maybe she can come back?" He just shrugged his shoulders. Like he was a mute or something. As I'm typing this, I'm getting angry with myself for not speaking up...Oh well. It's not like I don't wear it up in a ponytail every day anyway.

I need a personal assistant to clean my house, pay my bills, and make sure my desk is in order every day before I come to work. I need about 4 more hours in each day. I will wish for that tonight.