Sunday, October 09, 2005

My weekend, in 500 words or less.

I think that I have officially lost my husband, he's left me for a free trial of some hockey station on cable...I was doing some grocery shopping when he called to tell me about it:

"You are never going to believe this."

"What?" (Panicked, afraid something terrible has happened. Always thinking the worst, of course.)

"You know how on our cable box, that red light comes on when Comcast has a message for us? We never check it."

"I know, what did it say?" (Thinking that I forgot to pay the bill, and that we're canceled and we can't have it back. Ever.)

"You're not going to believe it. There is a free trial of (insert NHL cable channel here) -- it's for a week, and we've had it since LAST WEDNESDAY. I'm sitting here watching (insert 3-4 games, team names here), all at once!"

"What kind of beer do you want me to get."

Thankfully, I don't hate hockey like I hate football. I think I've written a time or two about how I hate football. Hockey is fun to watch. Football, not so much. It is so boring, and all the stops and starts...Anyway, my point is that losing my husband to an institution like hockey is not as bad as if he were watching football non-stop. At least I can sit and watch the hockey with him and enjoy it. If it were football, you might find me in the other room, packing my things and what-not.

In other weekend news, I made a trip to my hometown to pick up my Aunt B and see my mom's new house. It's coming along nicely and I can just imagine how eager she is to get moved in. There's still some work to be done, but from the looks of it, it's going to be a great place.

On our way home, we stopped at a farmer's market and bought lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, as well as a big pot of mums. So I made a pot of fresh pinto beans and adorned our patio with a big pot full of fluffy yellow mums. Of course, I explained to Todd that while I liked the flowers and I made the decision to purchase them, it was definitely up to him to keep them alive, as that is not a tool on my toolbelt. Nosireebob. I kill everything.

I also tried to make Jessie's pumpkin cake, per my sister's suggestion. I burned it.

What else? Oh, I bought some great running shoes for the "Race for the Cure" on Saturday. Seriously, I haven't bought tennis shoes in a long time, I was due.

And, my priest asked me if I was pregnant. He said he asked me because I was "glowing". Of course, all I heard was "You're fat, you've gained some weight, is that a baby in that belly?"

No, for the 100th time, I am not pregnant.

Happy Monday, everyone.