Friday, October 14, 2005

Bloggggs

I have to say, and I know I've said it before, but I really do enjoy reading the blogs that I read each day. Except Jonathan's, when it turns to all-football-all-the-time, plus he never updates it. (Sorry, Jonny, but I haven't taken a stab at you online in a while. I got nothin' but love, man. Nothin' but love.) But each one of the blogs that I link on the right hand side of my page really is a cup full of pure reading joy for me.

I love the Post Secrets blog - it's amazing the secrets people have, the pain, the history, the love, the desire...I keep meaning to send one, but I don't know what it would say? It's not that I don't have secrets...I'm going to have to think on that one.

And Windfall Woman, if you haven't read this one yet, it's about a woman who recently had a "windfall", we can only assume she won the lotto or slipped on a broken bottle of baby oil and fell at Wal-Mart and sued them for all they have (joke). Either way, she's got money she's never had and is journaling about her thought process on what to do with it. It's so funny, we all have that fantasy, "If I won the lottery, what would I do with it?", but reading her thoughts on it in a real life situation is really interesting. I'm not going to lie and say that Todd and I haven't been buying lotto tickets ever since, either. They're actually on the fridge right now, tucked behind a $1 Westie dog magnet that I splurged on while on my trip to M-Town.

Of course, we all love Dooce. My only issue with her blog is that after reading it each day, I want to pick up the phone and call her and chat with her, as if we were BFF's, or at least make a comment. I want to talk back. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Leta grow, and I'm constantly wondering how she gets Leta or her dog to sit still for the photos she takes of them. They're both so beautiful. She is amazing with words and with her camera. What a lady. I've actually learned a lot from reading her blog, about depression, specifically. In my family, women were sent to the hospital for a stay because they were having "nervous breakdowns"...no one thought to talk to them about the fact that their husbands were alcoholics or were abusing them...just lock em up for a few weeks and keep them quiet. Anyway, she's opened my eyes to a lot of things about depression that I just didn't know, and for that, I'm thankful.

It would take several pages (very interesting stories on pages) to explain how I came to know and build relationships (online or otherwise) with the other ladies linked over there...Jessie, Jen, Amber, Terri...regardless of how they came to be or what it took to get us there, I'm thankful for them all. One day, I imagine us all getting together for a couple of drinks and just spilling out all the things we never talk about in the public forum. To Jen's point, there are things you just don't put on here. After we meet for said drinks, we'll write a screenplay about it all, get rich, and quit our jobs.

Anyway, I was just thinking today about all of it. The blogs and what-not. I think that this post, which does nothing more than state the obvious, is more entertaining than a write up on the cookout we had at work today where everyone wore their alma mater T-shirts, tossed the football around, and ate lots of meat products.

Have a great weekend, everyone.