Friday, October 28, 2005

Busy weekend ahead.

I am constantly telling our friends and family how it seems like our lives never stop. And they don't. This weekend is the big golf tournament we've been organizing. Tonight we have to travel around the DFW area picking up donations and stuffing "goodie bags" for the players. We have to put together a grill, so that it can be on display as one of the raffle items, stuff the bags, gather all the prizes, get the hole sponsorship signs ready...And both of us will likely be working late so we won't make it home to get started until late. We've got to be at the golf course at 6:00 am on Saturday morning...Herding cats. Once this is over, I'll feel better, less anxious about all the details.

Last night we were invited to the Mavericks game, and scored some really great seats. I think that basketball is my favorite "live" sport. It's so fun to watch, and unlike football, the "plays" last longer than 4 seconds and there's not a lot of down time. Perfect for my SADD (Sports Attention Deficit Disorder). A fun night, indeed.

Hopefully things will wind down on Sunday, and I'll get to see my best friend, who I have not really seen much since our wedding. Her new baby is growing and growing and I'm missing out on all of it. Our schedules never seem to synch up so that we can get together. I think we're also a little guilty of not trying harder to make it work. They, like us, savor every moment of down time, "alone" time. The good thing is, we respect that about each other.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. And for those of you in this area, enjoy the perfect weather. Do something outside, enjoy the warmth of the sun on a perfect-temperature day! I love this time of year, I really do.