Saturday, November 19, 2005

Busy as a bee

I don't know why I do this...I over commit. I can't really complain when I have too much to do, because most of the time, I've brought it all on myself. This weekend is a perfect example. At the beginning of the week, all I had to do was go to a friend's wedding at 2:00 on Saturday. The list just grows from there. Pick up dry cleaning, develop the honeymoon pictures, make four loaves of sandwiches for the homeless shelter, have my brother and a friend of his in for a concert, go to the wedding, go to the reception, make the sandwiches, go to the concert...That brings us to Sunday. I've got to fly to Florida on Sunday for an early Monday morning client meeting.

Really, I'm not dreading any of the things I have to do this weekend, except the flight out on Sunday. It just robs me of my weekend. And to be honest, traveling by air the week of Thanksgiving is just not my idea of a good trip. I'm bracing myself for the delays and company of frustrated travelers.

I am glad that Sam is coming in for the concert tonight, that will be a lot of fun. I'm just counting down the days until Thursday when I get to go home and spend some time off with my family, who I haven't seen in so long for longer than an hour or two each meeting. I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - any excuse to over-indulge on some good home cooking is my kind of day. Plus, both my mother and sister have moved into new homes in the past couple of months. I'm overly anxious to see those. Then there's B, my precious nephew...can't wait to smother him with some kisses.

Why am I sitting here making a post on this blog when the minutes are ticking away? Because I am nothing if I am not procrastinating.