Monday, November 14, 2005

Click

I am in the middle of a travel nightmare. Much different than the nightmare that was Vegas. Travel booking nightmare. I'm trying to book a trip to Florida, since my last one was canceled due to hurricane Wilma...and I've been on and off the phone with travel agents all morning. This is where I messed up - I booked the initial trip through my travel agent here at work, the second trip I booked directly online myself. I also paid for the second ticket without asking for a credit to be applied - the reason I did not ask for this was because I wasn't actually talking to anyone and it wasn't an option.

The roadblocks: the name change to Luckey, AND, Hurricane Wilma - I can only use the $ for that flight that THEY canceled if I book travel before November 15. Doesn't help me.

But this isn't the real nightmare. Oh no. The nightmare is that I have a real problem with the typing that travel agents do as they're on the phone with you. It sounds like they are type, type, typing every word you say or they have to go through 56 screens to get to the information they're looking for to help you, I don't know there's just So. Much. Typing.

"One moment...click click clickity clickity click...and you said your name is?...click click clickity clickity click...and do you have that record locator number?...click click clickity clickity click...and how else can I help you today?...(still) click click clickity clickity click..."

It just sounds like their typing never stops. I am starting to wonder if they're instant messaging with each other, something like, "You ought to listen to this idiot I'm talking to now..." or "I'm going to stick her with a $50 change fee even though she doesn't deserve it...and I'm sending it right to my bank account so that I can get that great scarf I saw on QVC..."

I have no idea why I'm so upset about the typy-clicky-fingers today.
I think I have a case of the Monday's for sure.