Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I don't love baseball.

Last night we took the youth group to a Texas Rangers game. I really don't understand the draw to baseball. It's got to be the most boring sport out there. While it's not quite as slow as football, it's more like watching paint dry. But the kids are always fun. Someone always says or does something that makes it a fun night. I just like hanging with them. Another bonus, one of the kids taught me how to use my iPod Shuffle. So that's good.

Regarding the person visiting our Web sites and feeling the need to comment on our lives and stories in a malicious way...I have to spend two seconds on this. Have you ever experienced any kind of loss or pain in your life that allows you to put things into real perspective? In other words, you spend quite a bit of energy trying to piss people off, people you don't know or care about -- maybe that time is better spent somewhere else? Like someplace good and positive? Just a thought. Sometimes all we need is perspective.