Monday, April 25, 2005

Weekend Re-Cap

Friday night I had to drop some food off at the church that I promised I would bring. I'm not sure why I continue to do this to myself. I never say "no" and I over-volunteer, typically. Todd and I also have gotten to where we make plans months in advance for things, then when they come around, we can't believe that we've crammed so much into a weekend. We're always so busy. Anyway, after I dropped that stuff off, I headed to his house and we went to dinner then watched "Mystery, Alaska" with my teenaged cousin and his teenaged brother. I think there's a little situation developing there...Cute, cute.

Saturday I packed stuff up in my apartment for a garage sale. Or, rather, I got started on the garage sale packing. I have one huge trash bag full of clothes, another trash bag full of shoes, and 8 boxes full of stuff just from the kitchen and my bedroom. I can't imagine where I got all of this stuff, how I accumulated so much stuff, junk. Time to clean out and attempt to make some extra cash for the wedding. Usually, I'd donate it all, but in the interest of me (self interest, that is), I'm going to try to pawn it off on other people for cash.

Saturday night we got dressed up and drove to Ft. Worth for my mom's wedding celebratory dinner. Mom and Mike (as well as my sister and her husband) took a train trip from my hometown to Ft. Worth, on Amtrak. It was one of those wine trips, where you taste wine the entire way. (And if you're my mother, you also take tequila shots in the bar car.) We made reservations at Del Frisco's, as it was across the street from the hotel where the fam was staying. We get there, and mom and Mike haven't made it across the street yet to the restaurant. We found out later they were a little trashed and taking a little nappy-poo. They finally made it over and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner. I think when Mike started to fall asleep at the table, we decided to call it a night. Good times with the family.

I'd had a couple glasses of wine and wanted to continue my little party once we got back home, but by the time we got there I was tired. Sucks driving that far, stupid buzz kill.

Anyway, Sunday we had a picnic with the youth group kids and their families. I watched everyone play Ultimate Frisbee, which I've never seen before. I sat out because:
1. I had Jack, and needed to take care of him.
2. I had on flip flops.
3. I'll just be honest, I cannot throw or catch a Frisbee.

It was a good day, though. Those kids are so cool.

Then I came home and watched movies on TV. Haven't done that in a while. But I watched "Training Day" and realized that I no longer enjoy, in any way, shape or form, action-shoot-em-up type movies. I'm out on those. They leave me in the worst mood.

Or maybe it was PMS.