Tuesday, May 10, 2005

DMB, Cravings and The Lima Bean

It's been a Dave Matthews Band morning for me. The new album was released today, so I watched them interviewed and perform on "The Today Show" this morning. Then I came into work and bought the album on iTunes. It's great, it really is.

My fiance is pregnant, I think. He has very specific cravings from time to time. Last week, it was birthday cake and fried okra. This morning, he's craving chili and cornbread. He's always hungry. And I get hungry for things, but I've never had cravings the way he does.

Although, I am always hungry for a lima bean. This weekend, Will's father was cooking some and I've been needing them ever since. I usually have a can of lima beans for lunch at least once a week, but they really don't compare to fresh limas. Well, I made some last night -- they were dried limas, not fresh. I did the whole 8 hour soaking, seasoning, boiling, I was quite proud of myself. They turned out really good and I'm finding myself counting down the minutes until lunchtime when I can eat them again.