Monday, May 16, 2005

I AM The Anti-Wax.

I'm not sure how to write about this without grossing you out or giving you a visual of something that is really unnecessary...I'll just put it out there. I had a bikini wax this weekend. As if having a bikini wax isn't awful and painful enough already, I had an allergic reaction to the wax. Let's just say that it was a scary and miserable experience. If someone in the world is going to have a reaction to something, it's me. Ms. Sensitive, I am. You should see the rash on my face right now, I have no idea what it is. I'm convinced that I will have hives on the backs of my legs until I get to Mexico on August 14.

This weekend was very productive for me -- I found fabric for my bridesmaids' dresses, I got about ten more boxes packed for the move, I looked at wedding bands, I cleaned my apartment, did some grocery shopping, did some cooking, saw a movie. Like Jessie, I was checking off boxes with a vengeance.

Speaking of that movie -- while seeing Michael Vartan on the big screen should be reason enough to see the movie "Monster-in-Law", one must not forget that his co-star is J-Lo, even some Jane Fonda can't fix a J-Lo movie.

I steamed some fresh artichokes this weekend. I don't know if I don't like steamed, fresh artichokes, or if I didn't do a good job preparing them. I'll try again and see.

At the end of a day, the very last thing I want to do is go work out, and since it's the last thing I want to do, I rarely do it anymore. But I've started to get it done in the mornings and it's so wonderful. I do still go to yoga in the evenings when the good instructor is teaching...Todd joined me last week and is going to start going with me. But yoga's different -- this class ends with you lying on your back with an aromatherapy scented towel on your face for a good ten minutes. This is the perfect ending to a hard work day.

Speaking of hard work days...Time to get started. Hope everyone had a good weekend.