Monday, June 27, 2005

I got a free bandana.

I've really been neglecting this blog. So much going on, and not enough time to sit down and write anything, really.

I'm at the Gaylord Texan resort today, for a conference that my company is hosting. I did a presentation this morning that I think went over like a lead balloon. I think that I have a tear (as in rip) in my contact. Try focusing on a presentation with that kind of disability.

Anyway, so the Gaylord...it really is beautiful. But there's country music piped in everywhere, a stuffed longhorn cow (like full body, full-sized dead cow that is stuffed and standing in some grass indoors) and lots of leather furniture. Also custom carpets with a nice Texas theme -- complete with cowboy boots, spurs, and little Texas flags. It's just a little overboard. Like I said, very nice. A little too much cowboy for me. I need to bring my nephew here for a weekend, B would love it.

This morning I woke up in the hotel bed and had no idea what day it was or where I was. This happens to me from time to time, but never so severe so that I have to get up and turn the lights on and look around...I was very disoriented. But, I must have slept like a rock.

Now back to work...Hope everyone's having a lovely week.