Monday, June 20, 2005

Where do the weekends go?

I drive home from work on Friday night, and then before I know it, it's Sunday night and I'm getting in bed, dreading Monday. I have so many things packed into each weekend that they fly by with no rest and relaxation. Just go, go, go. I'm ready for some downtime.

The bridal shower back home was wonderful. It was really good to see old friends and family, and always good to get some advice on marriage from those whose marriages you watched since you were a child. I still maintain that the whole shower thing is a little awkward, but it went off without a hitch.

For Father's Day, we went to church and then to lunch with Todd's family. Between lunch and the movie we saw later that evening, Todd's parents announced that they'd like to come by to see the new apartment. This was a great incentive to finally get the pictures hung and things put away. Later, we went to see "The Longest Yard" and I thought it was quite entertaining. We all liked it.

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day and a lovely weekend. Happy Monday.