Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jack Dragon Luckey

This used to be my baby.



This was, of course, when Jack WAS a baby. I fell in love with Jack instantly. The maternal instincts took over and I had no clue how to do anything but nurture him and love him. I couldn't even punish him, really. Todd certainly liked Jack, but he always wanted a bigger dog and it took some time for him to warm up to him.

Jack has always followed me around, slept with me, smothered me with puppy kisses...But that's starting to go away. He loves Todd. And, Todd loves him, of course. But I think he loves Todd more than me. He stares at Todd, or rather, he looks at him longingly...He gets extremely excited when I ask him in the mornings "Where's Daddy?" and he looks toward the bathroom and waits for Todd to get out of the shower. He cries when he leaves.

The reason he loves Todd so much is because Todd plays rough with him. Well, he loves Todd because Todd's a great guy, but otherwise, it's because Todd throws pillows at him and pushes him around. All this time, I've discouraged it because I didn't want Jack to get hurt. Now, I see that he really loves it.

I guess I just always wanted him to be a mama's boy. And he still is, to some extent. God help me when we have children.