Friday, January 06, 2006

I know that I said I was going to stop complaining...But this is getting out of control. I mean, REALLY out of control. Since Tuesday, I have spent virtually all of my waking hours (those not spent cooking, eating, showering, or using the restroom) either on the phone, in the car driving to a government office which is too far away, waiting in a waiting room, talking with a bank or other credit-like agency, working with my HR department to get new insurance and direct deposit, getting a new phone and all that involves...I mean, it doesn't stop.

But it's the weekend. And while I'm usually very excited about that, I know that I will spend most of it working...Doing work that I didn't get to this week because I was doing all of the above things during normal business hours.

Next week is busy for me, I have to travel for two days and I have a new employee starting. Also, it's my boss' 50th birthday and it can't go by without some sort of damage to his office...He is literally begging us to do something, but not asking.

Also, I started a new diet. It's not so much a diet as it is eating better and healthier. Not really a resolution, either...Well it's a lot of things. Staying on it is very difficult when you're stressed. Very difficult. Yesterday, I left work early to go to the bank to close my accounts...This took a good hour and a half. I get home a little earlier than usual, before Todd got home. I started cooking something for dinner, something on "the diet" and when Todd does get home he tells me that he'd made reservations for a very nice dinner for us last night, as a surprise, to help relieve some of my stress. The meal was already made, so we just stayed home. It's the thought that counts. Sweet man. I have a sweet man, sweet dog, sweet cat and great friends and family. I've got so much to be thankful for, but I'm still very angry about the stupid purse snatching.

Breathing in...And out.......