Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Friday, thank you Jesus.

It's been a long week. I have two, possibly three work trips in February. I'm not one of those people who is a fan of traveling for work, it makes me anxious. Not the flying, but the work that's NOT getting done as I'm going from parking garage to terminal to cab to hotel to hospital to lunch to terminal to parking garage to home. My list of things "not done yet" keeps growing.

I finally hired a new employee, who I like very much. I'm sure he's loving his job, considering that I've not had enough time to sit down with him and give him actual work to do. I did give him something yesterday, something that I thought required quite a bit of explanation. I thought this because I've explained it to 3-4 other people and they've never quite gotten it. New guy picked it up instantly and delivered something back to me 5 days early. He's a keeper. Looking for another one of him.

I'm excited to start the weekend. Todd's on his way home and is stopping to get some wine, as I feel that I need it tonight. We're going to make dinner and do a lot of nothing, as he has to be at work tomorrow at 7:00 am. When he works on Saturdays, I get to spend time alone cleaning our apartment. I get very excited about this.

I hope you've all survived the week and have the exact type of weekend you're wanting.