Friday, July 08, 2005

Blinds for the blind.

I don't know if it's allergies or what, but I feel snotty today. I am never in a good mood when I feel like this. If I weren't so swamped at work I'd be home in bed. But I'll keep blowing my nose today and will crawl into bed as soon as I hit the door tonight.

Speaking of crawling into bed, Todd hung our shades last night. We got those Roman style bamboo shades for the bedroom and the living room. They were a necessity for a few reasons. One, I was developing a vitamin D toxicity from all the sunlight that shines into the rooms in the morning and afternoon. Normally I love sunshine, but when it wakes you up at 6:00 am every morning and your dog doesn't even need to go out yet and you can't go back to sleep, you need some shades. Two, I've noticed when I take Jack out to potty in the evenings you can see right up into my bedroom from outside -- mini blinds suck that way. Regardless of how you turn them, you can see up in there. So we needed some cover. Three -- they just look cool. And unfortunately the photo on the right just doesn't do them justice. Home Depot, kids. Rock and roll.

I got my contacts in yesterday. I've never ordered them online, but I did this time. I noticed while I was ordering them that:
1. They don't make contacts any stronger than the ones that I wear, if my vision gets worse, I'm S.O.L. The dropdown box only goes so far, and that's where I am.
2. I wear the most expensive contacts on the market.
3. I am blind, blind, blind. And it sucks, sucks, sucks. Not a candidate for any surgery, so I'm stuck like Chuck.

That's it for now. Back to work, my list is growing and growing and growing. Not enough checkboxes on it yet.