Thursday, March 17, 2005

Muffin Man

Oh, do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man?
Oh, do you know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury lane?
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man.
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
Who lives on Drury Lane.

There. Maybe that'll be in YOUR head all day long. Misery loves company.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! The emails are already flying around our office about where to go to Happy Hour. For some reason, I'm just not a joiner here at the Vision. I'm going to the gym with my mister tonight. My power yoga class is tonight, and she's the best instructor I've ever had. At the end of class, we get aromatherapy-scented towels laid on our faces as we're relaxing. But boy, am I usually sore the next day.

Last night at Youth Group, we played another game besides CatchPhrase. Kids were a little upset, but once we got into it, it was fun. Have you ever played "Sardines?" Some call the game by a different name, but basically you turn all the lights out and one person is "it". That person hides, then everyone comes and looks for him or her. When you find the person, you join him/her in his/her hiding place. Quietly, everyone joins (like a can of sardines) until the last person joins. That last person is "it" the next time.

I realized last night:
1. I really am afraid of the dark.
2. I can't see shit in the dark.
3. I don't like to be close to other people, like really close, especially if I don't know what body part is that close to me.
4. I miss being a kid.

We really have to find a house. Pretty soon. I'm devoting spare time in my weekend to researching neighborhoods, etc. While it's exciting, it's very stressful.

Back to work.