Thursday, March 03, 2005

Where's My Ring?

Remember that commercial? The Lifesaver's one? The little boy and girl sitting there, one proposes to the other one, and the other one says, "Well where's my ring?" and he or she really drags out the "where's" part, like "whaaares my ring?" I know Will remembers. It's cute. Anyway, I'm going at lunch to get my ring back. I miss it.

My company is auctioning off all this hardware -- monitors, computers, laptops, handheld PC's, etc. and all money goes to the YMCA. Although I already pay the YMCA about fifty bucks a month for nothing (since I rarely get to go to the gym anymore, and when I do, the yoga class sucks), I think I'm going to buy some stuff. You know, more stuff I won't use.

Tomorrow is my birthday. And I will be 29 years old. And I'm a little freaked out about that. Hellooooo, thirty.

Last night at Youth Group, we were playing this really fun game called CatchPhrase. It's a lot like the game Taboo -- where you're trying to get your team to guess a word without saying the word or certain clues. With this one, you can say anything except the word or "sounds like" or "starts with". You're up against a timer -- both teams switching off, and whomever is holding the disc that holds the words when the timer goes off, their team loses. So it's fast and furious -- people yelling out words and trying to pass it off as fast as possible. And the timer is loud, and the pace is picking up...it's crazy. Not to mention, this group is INSANELY competitive. Last night, in response to a clue given by her teammate, one of the kids yelled out the worst possible racial slur you can imagine. I know she didn't mean to, but it was just so damned funny at a church youth group meeting that I could not contain my laughter. My stomach was hurting afterwards. (Did I mention I'm knockin' on 30's door?) Poor thing, I know she was embarrassed. But that never stops me from laughing. But it begs the question -- is that word often-used in her home? There are so many other factors that contribute to the funniness of this story -- the girl, the family, etc. You just had to be there, I guess.

Perhaps, "you had to be there" stories aren't good for the blog?

I'm meeting my mister for lunch today. We never get to do that. I'm so excited. Have I ever mentioned how handsome he is? He's so dreamy.

It's almost Friday, and sunshine makes me high.