Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend was good.

Todd and I went to his boss' house on Friday night for dinner and games. Todd is so competitive, even more so than me. I hope his boss' husband didn't think we were freaks. Dinner was good, they're really nice people. But they don't game like we game.

Saturday we got up and got some cleaning done around the apartment (laundry...we started our week today without ANY dirty laundry, and I can't tell you how good that feels.) Thankfully we got a lot done, because the rest of the day and evening was spent buying a car. Not that it was an unpleasant car buying experience. Really, it was the easiest one so far. We bought a Hyundai Sonata and really like it. Good gas mileage, great payments, good warranty. We're supposed to take it in tonight to have it detailed (they didn't have a chance to do it before we left) and I'm going to talk to them about exchanging my car for something smaller and more gas-efficient. Of course, I "exchanged" early on my last one, which is why I'm in the situation I'm in now. We'll see how it goes. I hate cars.

I made dinner last night. While I've made dinner since we've been married, this felt like our first "dinner". We actually ate it at the table, and the food was actually put into serving dishes. There wasn't a TV in the room. It was actually pretty tasty. A roasted pork tenderloin with carmelized onions and golden raisins. Garlic-rosemary new potatoes, and green beans with sliced almonds. Two issues with this mean: I smelled like onions and garlic (which later just smells like B.O.) for the rest of the evening, and those onions and all that garlic...makes my tummy hurt. Made my tummy hurt at 3:41 am this morning. Ughh.

Back to work. I have an afternoon chock full of meetings. Joy.